Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese

"Say what?!?" That was my initial reaction when I found the recipe on Pinterest. Yes, I'm obsessed with Pinterest; and all aspects of it. I check it religiously each day, there are some AMAZING things on there. Especially recipes. Anyway, back to the find of the day!

Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese.

These just happen to be two of my favorite foods, and I knew instantly I HAD to make it. What was awesome about making this was that I had everything already at home. No grocery store run to grab those one or two pesky ingredients that you barely have enough of, or have never even purchased. They say there's a first time for everything, but it seems as though every recipe I make always has me searching for some obscure ingredient.

As I said, I found the recipe on Pinterest (you can follow me there at ME! On Pinterest) and it's pinned under my board "Foodie At Heart." Given that I like to give credit to the "original" pinner, you can get the recipe at Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese. I did have one issue with this meal. It isn't something you can just "throw together" if you are in a rush. You need to chop the veggies, bake the chicken, boil the water and cook the pasta, and mix together the sauce. Once that's done then you can obviously throw it all together. There was alot going on in my kitchen when I was getting this ready and it felt quite time consuming. Then again, it could have been this was the first time I was making this recipe so I was constantly checking each step over and over to make sure I hadn't missed anything!

Here's the finished result ready to be eaten!

Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese

It was YUMMY! At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, it's like a fiesta happening in your mouth- there's ALOT going on and you are expecting it to taste a certain way and it doesn't. After each bite I knew I was becoming addicted. Really though, who cares what I thought; it's only a successful meal in our house when we go two for two. ...and what was the hubby's review? He LOVED it. Two reasons: he loves anything buffalo chicken probably more than I do and it wasn't super cheesy, he's not a big fan!

My suggestion for those of you that are making this...don't be afraid to add more of the Frank's Red Hot buffalo sauce, or your hot sauce of choice. We like "heat" but I'm always cautious when I use it cooking because theres' a fine line between "hot" and "inedible!" So I did just the amount called for in the recipe. I'm definitely planning on kicking up the heat and will certainly be more generous with the hot sauce in the future :) ...I also think a side dish of celery sticks and some blue cheese dressing would be an awesome addition, and would help cool off your mouth!

Make sure you try this recipe and let me know your thoughts!



~Keep It ClaSea

No comments:

Post a Comment