Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wedding Card Album

My wedding was just over three years ago. I saved ALL of the cards we received (safely stored in a shoe box,) and have been lugging them around since January 16, 2010. I knew I wanted to make something out of them but I had no idea what, and was deadset against throwing them away. There is great sentimental value to some cards, as some of the people that meant the world to us who attended our wedding have since passed away. Furthermore, it's a great reminder of all of our friends, family, and relatives, that took time to celebrate with us!

Again, this inspiration is from Pinterest. I get TONS of great ideas from there! I would be completely remiss if I didn't share the original post so go here, Wedding Card Album. The directions are extremely thorough, and it's great because there are pictures for pretty much each step!

It is sad for me to say this, but I had all of the materials I needed. Now that I'm typing this, I am of course realizing I should have taken pictures of everything I used. ...Good to remember for next time I do a "crafting" post... Our colors for our wedding were a dark espresso (the tuxedo's...) and an avocado green (attendants dresses,) so I had to make sure those colors were present. I thought about doing other colors, but then realized it would have been silly because it wouldn't evoke the same sentiment of the actual colors we used. Here's a good glimpse of the color scheme we worked with...and some of our favorite people.

Wedding Party
I'm not going to blog about the process of what I did to make the card album, as you can read about in the link that is above. However, here's my version and what the final product looked like. Please remember, that any decor/craft ideas I find on Pinterest I use as inspiration, I am not looking to replicate the exact model, I'm using that model as a launch pad for my own creation. With that being said, here's a quick overview of some of the differences:
 
1. I didn't use the brackets to attach the ribbon, I used "Zots."
2. No patterned paper on the front or back.
3. I chose to use green paper on the interior of the brown textured cardstock (which I used for the exterior of the front and back) as it created a nice "pop" and was another way to show the wedding colors.
4. No "wedding card album" decal on the front.
5. Wedding date on the back of the album rather than the little stamp of the bride and groom.
6. I also used a regular hole punch. BIG MISTAKE. My husband got a kick out of watching me punch holes through some of the cards. ...and 12 hours late, my hand still hurts.
 
Front of Album

Back Of Album
 
The butterfly on the back reads "The heart that loves is always young. -Greek Proverb ...I don't believe the wedding card album could have been wrapped up better than that. It also seemed quite fitting, as butterflies were a huge part of the decor at my bridal shower!
 
Remember, this (or any other occasion you choose to remember,) was a personal one, so change things. Make it your own and add as many personal touches as you can. It is after all a direct reflection of the event (would be cute for a baby shower or engagement party!) you've chosen to commemorate. If you decide to create your own card album, and have any questions feel free to post them!
 
~Keep It ClaSea


No comments:

Post a Comment