Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Meatballs

Meatballs
Yield: 9-10 Baseball Size Meatballs

**This recipe is based off of my mom's meatball recipe. I've added and changed a few things over the years to arrive at this "final" version. These are also awesome when they're split in half and put on a grinder roll. Just giving you an idea...

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef (I use either 90% or 93%...you can use any ground meat, I've done it!)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (Jarred is fine!)
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Black Pepper (Break out the pepper mill for some ultimate flavor!)
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp. Dried Oregano (I've used fresh herbs and on this recipe, I prefer the dry!)
1 Tsp. Dried Basil
1 Tsp. Dried Parsley
1 Jar Of Your Favorite Sauce

Directions:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ALL ingredients. I use my hands. Get in there and kneed the stuff together.
Step 3: Grease a 9'x13' glass dish...do NOT coat the dish heavily
Step 4: Start rolling your meatballs. I find the size of a baseball is good, this recipe will make 9-10 meatballs. (If you made them too small, they won't stay together...if you make them too large, they don't cook thoroughly!)
Step 5: Once all of the meatballs are in the dish, pour a jar of pasta sauce over them.
Step 6: Bake in oven for 40minutes. If you let them cook longer, that will be fine, as the meatballs will start to absorb the flavor of the sauce. Don't let them go for more than 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment