Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Confessions

Bachelor Boredom
As you've gathered by now, I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Never before in a season have I been less impressed. Yes, Sean is ridiculously good looking, but for me, it ends there. I am starting to find him quite annoying. He is always smiling, that isn't a bad thing, but he smiles way too much for my liking! I find the majority of the women to be very dull, and some are really weird. Usually by week three, I have favorites, and feel as though I've invested my time "supporting" the budding relationship. There are maybe 2-3 women that "I like," but I'm not fascinated with them, let alone vaguely interested in getting to know more of. I find myself flipping to other channels, and last night didn't even watch the rose ceremony!!! Ultimate Bachelor/Bachelorette fan sin. Bottom line (take note Chris Harrison,) please stop "recycling" contestants from other seasons. Don't bring them back to be the Bachelor or the Bachelorette, and don't bring previous "contestants" back for another chance at love. It didn't work once on the show, try a different way of finding "the one."

Guilty Pleasures
I finished another book last night, The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. It was solid. If you are looking to constantly cheer for the underdog (in this case Victoria, a young orphaned girl) you should pick it up. I must admit that the orphan angle wasn't what interested me or kept me reading; it was the constant references to flowers, their "meanings," and how they spoke for certain characters. It was quite unique in that regard. Some are asking what books I've read this year (apparently you realize I'm a bookworm,) so here's the list...and yes, I'm aware that I've read 6 books in less than four weeks. Don't judge.

SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro, #3) Nora Roberts
But Inside I'm Screaming by Elizabeth Flock
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Inaugural Lip Synching
It's been revealed (although not confirmed,) that Beyonce lip synced the National Anthem yesterday at the Inauguration. I really don't approve of this, lip syncing; and believe me, it certainly has nothing to do with the fact that it was a presidential inauguration. (Really, it doesn't matter. Die hard Republican over here.) If you are an international "superstar" you should be able to sing live, particularly when another singer has already done so; REGARDLESS of where you are! (By the way, isn't "Bey" BFF's with Obama? It's the least she could have done.) ...she must have been scared after hearing Kelly Clarkson SLAY My Country Tis Of Thee. Or was it that she knew she wouldn't be able to hack a LIVE  performance after the original American Idol gave a flawless rendition?

Kelly Clarkson: 2 (she gets 1 point for being Kelly, and another because she sang live)
Beyonce: 0.

Disclaimer: I love Kelly; ok, that is a colossal understatement. In my eyes she's always the winner, how cliche of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Remember to check back tomorrow! I'll be blogging about the current transformation our living room is undergoing. It's a work in progress, and although I have many pieces of the puzzle taken care of, there are a few large things to be done. It'll be fun to share the process with all of you and share some home decor tips with you :)


~Keep it ClaSea

No comments:

Post a Comment